What personal data we collect and why we collect it
Information You Provide
We ask for and collect the below personal information when you use the Platform. This information is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract between you and us and to comply with our obligations thereunder.
You don’t need to register for a VibeMixtapes account in order to visit or use our Platform. However, certain Services require that you register for an account and, by doing so, you will need to provide us with certain information:
- Account Information – When you register any kind of VibeMixtape account, you will need to provide your email address and choose a password. In addition, if you purchase a Subscription, you will also need to provide your real name, billing address, and payment verification information.
- Profile Information – you may choose, at your discretion, to provide additional information for your public profile on VibeMixtape – for example:
- your real name
- a user name (which may be your real name or a pseudonym)
- the city and country in which you live
- a profile picture, profile header image or avatar
- details of your other websites and social media profiles, including links to those pages
- your gender if you wish to provide it
- any additional information you choose to provide as part of your public profile, such as your real name, and links to your website and other social media profiles (but not your email address), will be published on your profile page. This information will be publicly accessible and may be viewed by anyone accessing the Website or other Services.
- Communications – When you communicate with VibeMixtapes by email or through the Platform, or use the Platform to communicate with other users, we collect information about your communication and any information you choose to provide.
- Information You Post – You may provide personal data when you upload Tracks to the Platform, or when you post comments, or contribute to community discussions.
Information We Collect Automatically
- Usage Information – We collect information about your interactions with the Platform, including the pages that you visit and links you click on, streaming, downloading tracks, uploading tracks, sharing a Sound with another user, following or unfollowing another user, posting a comment, performing a search, the time, frequency and duration of your visits to the Platform, and whether you interact with email messages, for example, if you opened, clicked on, or forwarded the email message.
- Log Data – We automatically collect log information when you use the Platform, even if you have not registered for an account or logged in. That information includes, among other things: details about how you’ve used the Platform (including links to third party sites or services), Internet Protocol (IP) address, access times, your browser type and operating system, device information, device event information (e.g., crashes, browser type), and the page you’ve viewed or engaged with before or after using the Platform.
- Location Data – When you use certain features of the Platform, we may collect data about your general location (e.g. IP address). We use this data to provide you with location-based services (such as advertising and personalized content). Most mobile devices allow you to control or disable the use of location services for applications in the device’s settings.
- Device Information – We collect information from and about the devices you use, including how you interact with the Platform and information about the device itself, such as the hardware model, operating system, IP addresses, cookie information, device settings, mobile carrier information, mobile device and advertising identifiers, apps installed, browser type, language, battery level and time zone. Apple’s iOS Advertising Identifier (IDFA) and Google’s Android Advertising ID are examples of device identifiers. This information allows us to recognize and associate your activity, and provide personalized content and advertising, consistently across all of your devices.
- VibeMixtapes Widget – Other websites may integrate VibeMixtapes widgets; when you visit a website with a VibeMixtapes widget embedded, we may receive certain information, including information about the website you visited. VibeMixtapes and the widget may be able to recognize you in order to retrieve your library of content, and in some cases the widget may be used to show personalized content. We know when you interact with a widget, and websites containing the widgets may receive this information as well.
How We Use Your Information
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.